JEFFREY P. BATTISTA
Jeffrey P. Battista
J.D., University of Florida, 2000
B.A., magna cum laude, West Virginia University, 1997
Southern District of Florida
Florida Southern District Bankruptcy Court
Jeffrey P. Battista is originally from Oakland, Maryland. He graduated magna cum laude from West Virginia University’s internationally accredited accounting program in 1997. Immediately thereafter, Mr. Battista attended the University of Florida, where he graduated and received his Juris Doctorate degree in 2000.
During his tenure at the University of Florida, Mr. Battista was employed with the office of the State Attorney beginning in 1998, and upon graduation from law school, he accepted a position as an Assistant State Attorney in the Indian River County State Attorney’s Office in order to gain necessary trial experience and the extensive knowledge of our often complicated Criminal Justice System. During his tenure as a prosecutor, Mr. Battista handled thousands of cases ranging from misdemeanors to felonies and tried many cases to verdict.
As a founding partner at Menz & Battista, prior to joining Grall Law Group, Mr. Battista had successfully handled hundreds of divorce and criminal law cases, including cases that have been highlighted by CNN, Headline News, the Associated Press, Court TV, and numerous other local and national media outlets.
Mr. Battista is an active member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL), the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), and is currently serving as a Board Member of the Indian River County Bar Association.
Mr Battista received the distinction of being chosen by the Nineteenth Judicial Nominating Committee as a candidate for Circuit Court Judge in 2014.
He is admitted to practice before all Florida State Courts and in the Southern Federal District of Florida.
Community Involvement & Memberships
- Indian River County Chamber of Commerce, Member (2005 – 2010; 2017 – present)
- Jawbones v. Sawbones Annual Charitable Softball Game, Organizer & Announcer (2012 – present)
- National Rifle Association, Member (2000 – present)
- Oceanside Business Association, Member (2004 – 2008)
- Taxpayers’ Association of Indian River County, Member (2017 – present)
- United Way of Indian River County, contributor and volunteer (2018 – present)
- Vero Beach Chamber of Commerce, Member (2013 – 2016)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member (2015 – present)
- The Federalist Society, Member (2017 – present)
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2008 – 2018); Board Member (2011 – 2013)
- The Florida Bar, Member
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Rules Committee, Member (2019 – present)
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Executive Board Member (January 2017 – December 2019)
- Indian River County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2008 – present); President (2008 – 2010); Chapter Representative (2011 – 2013)
- Indian River County Bar Association, Member (2004 – present); Board of Directors (2014 – present); Executive Board (2019 – present); Secretary (2019 – 2020); Treasurer (2021)
- The Justice Major B. Harding American Inns of Courts, Member (2016 – present)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member (2008 – 2012)